. . . I was never that good at the words anyways - bn


. . . you're not punk and i'm tellin everyone, save your breath i never was one - bs



Thursday, January 9, 2014

Guest List: Tom Willecome of Bedford Falls - 2013 Favorites

I hope you are already familiar with the fantastic Bedford Falls from South Wales, but I fear they are far too overlooked stateside. Their 90s indie inspired sound fits along side that of bands like Cheap Girls and Failures' Union (with whom they are touring in Europe this Spring), and fittingly pays homage to influences like Dinosaur Jr., Superchunk, Samiam and Bob Mould endeavors.

Their album "Elegant Balloons" made the DPDC Best of 2012 list and had they released a record this year, I'm certain it would've landed in similar standing.

If you haven't heard these guys, head directly to their bandcamp site for your primer. http://bedfordfalls.bandcamp.com/

In addition to consistently putting out great records, Tom also has really superb taste in them.  I asked him if he'd be willing to share some of his favorites from the past year and thankfully he accommodated my request.

I leave you with that, since many of you will now have some pressing album exploration to do. Thanks Tom!

Tom Willecome of Bedford Falls Best of 2013:

Here is a list of records I loved in 2013.

It was a bumper year.

Failures’ Union – Tethering
Mount Moriah – Miracle Temple
Mikal Cronin – MCII
Jimmy Islip – The Wild West Riding
Superchunk – I Hate Music
Neko Case - The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You
Red Hare – s/t
Eleanor Friedberger – Personal Record
Chvrches – The Bones of What You Are
Telekinesis – Dormarion
Coliseum – Sister Faith
Bars Of Gold – Wheels
Jason Isbell – Southeastern
Night Marchers – Allez Allez
Broadcaster – A Million Hours
Iron Chic – Constant One
Yo La Tengo – Fade
Thalia Zedek – VIA
Chris Mills – Alexandria
Sebadoh – Defend Yourself
Mazes – Ores & Minerals
Tom Morgan – Orange Syringe
Robert Pollard – Honey Locust Honkey Tonk
Sleaford Mods – Austerity Dogs

I also liked:
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
Billy Bragg- Tooth & Nail
Parquet Courts- Light Up Gold
The National - Trouble Will Find Me

No comments:

Post a Comment